Scroll to top
- The overall objective is to promote the responsible, humane and compassionate use and treatment of livestock in every phase of the production process.
- Identification of all organisations involved in livestock production and processing, from farms to slaughter.
- Involvement of these organisations in promoting livestock welfare.
- Defining terms to be used in assessing livestock welfare.
- Developing standards, norms, codes and training manuals that promote or ensure livestock welfare.
- Promoting the institution of adequate and effective legislation to ensure that livestock welfare can be monitored satisfactorily and enforced.
- Encouraging all involved in the entire process of livestock keeping and processing to adopt suitable practices that support humane treatment and protect livestock welfare.
- Involvement in any activities and processes that affect the welfare of livestock or promote the objective of the LWCC.