What is new?
- Guideline shelter of livestock in extreme weather conditions
- Fasting of wool sheep prior to shearing
Milk SA accepted as a LWCC Member
Livestock Welfare checklist for auctions and saleyards
Revision of Sans 1694 (Welfare of dairy cattle) and SANS 1488 (Humane transport of livestock by road)
Revision of SANS 1479 (Pig welfare)
Pre-shearing fasting of wool sheep – document guidelines concluded and approved.
- A request was sent for a literature review on “ Breeding Climate-Tolerant Livestock in South Africa “ and an accompanying guidance document to the RMRDSA for their consideration and funding.
- Bloutong beheer sonder entstof/Bluetongue control without vaccine
- Guidelines for using Electro-ejaculation (EEJ) in Domestic Ruminants